Students are able to access the Ramsay on-line library. The free electronic library service provides you with access to an extensive collection of books and videos, journals, a document delivery and research service and access to popular databases such as CINAHL, MEDLINE and PROQUEST
Many of our hospitals also have limited on-site Library resources available for you to access also.
Information to access the online library can also be found on www.ramsaylibrary.com.au
Hospital in-service programs
These sessions are designed and initiated according to the requirements of each individual ward in relation to new equipment, medications, procedures and programs to be implemented. All staff are expected to contribute to education. As students you are welcome to attend these sessions at the discretion of your facilitator/preceptor or supervisor.
Student counselling services
Ramsay Health Care proudly provides a national counselling service for all students while on clinical placement at any of our facilities nationally.
Student Counselling Service is offered:
- In addition to the student supports currently provided by your university
- Confidential, professional counselling and advice while on placement at Ramsay Health Care
- Counselling may be via phone, online or face to face, enabling students to receive confidential counselling support wherever they are based
- Students can call the hotline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to book an appointment
- Critical incident response counselling is available for immediate assistance
- This service may be particularly useful after hours, weekends, public holidays and during university holidays etc
Ramsay Health Care is proud to provide high quality clinical placement to all of our students we hope the student counselling service will further support our students by providing free, confidential counselling, anytime, anywhere.