The recruitment process will include:
- Your application – which includes your CV & Covering letter & supporting documents
- The interview
- Referee reports
NB: Referee reports are not required upon application, however, we do require the name and contact details of two or more referees included in your CV, or provided at time of interview.
- After submitting your “on line application”, there will be a confirmation email sent to you. This email will contain your unique registration ID number and password
- You will only receive email confirmation of the successful lodgment if you provide a valid email address.
- You will need to use this unique registration ID number and password if you wish to change any details or preferences on your application or withdraw from the process
- You will be able to change your details only up until applications close
- Your application will be forwarded to your first preference hospital. You first preference hospital will then review all applications received and you will be informed if you have been successful in obtaining an interview within the first few weeks following the closing date. We also ask you to choose other Ramsay facilities in case vacancies become available following the first round of interviews, therefore if you are not successful in gaining an interview at your first preference hospital we will keep your details on file in case something comes available at one of our other sites.
- Clinical placement assessments may also be known as clinical placement reviews, summative assessment, or a variety of different terminology from the differing institutions. Essentially, we are looking to see how you, the student nurse, perform on clinical placement.
- At interview you will be asked questions related to the advertised selection criteria
- Questions will be based on the selection criteria and ANMC Competencies
- Questions seek to assess your knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of a novice Registered Nurse / Enrolled Nurse ,Midwife or Allied Health Professional (whichever is relevant)
- There will be up to 3 people on each interview panel
- The purpose of the interview is to provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria and to enable the interview panel to gather further information about you to enhance your application
- You will be able to ask questions about the position at the interview
You must bring the following supporting original documents with you to your interview:
- Proof of Citizenship or Residency
- Photo identification e.g. Drivers license or passport
- Passport with visa if from overseas
- You must also provide the name, address and telephone number of two referees who may be contacted about you. One of the referees must be a clinical referee. Please make sure that the referees you have nominated are aware that they may be contacted.
Notification of Offer of Employment
You will be advised of the result of your application after the selection process is completed. We will confirm with you at interview when this date will be.
You will be advised in writing via email of one of the following outcomes:
- You have been successful
- You have been placed on an eligibility list for allocation if positions remain available
- You have been unsuccessful
If you are offered a position you will have up to two weeks from when you receive the contract in which to accept the offer or the offer will be withdrawn. As recruitment is a competitive process, if you decline an offer of employment, you will not be automatically placed on the eligibility list.
Allocation of Positions
Positions will be allocated on a merit basis where the best applicant for a job is selected following a competitive process. This means that the applicant considered to be the most capable of performing the duties of the position is selected.
For applicants who are deemed suitable for employment but are not allocated a position because of the number of positions available, an eligibility list for employment will be created.
The hospital will advise you how to obtain feedback after your interview. In accordance with privacy laws applications can only be discussed with the applicant unless the applicant gives consent for discussion with another specified person.